– It provides an excellent way for women to provide a livelihood and nutritional adequacy for their children.
– Male cows are ready for transportation and use at the mere age of two years.
– Producing milk can generate a significant amount of income, about two thousand eight hundred rupees per year.
– With three cows a family can come out of poverty.
– There is a growing demand for milk which can be met with the scope of this program, by raising cows.
In essence, dairy husbandry has the potential to bring many families above the poverty line and only requires a minimal investment of capital. For those farmers that are unable to enjoy a sustainable income from regular agricultural techniques, dairy farming is a very reliable way to further boost the generation of income.
And because India does have the largest cattle population within the world, this is a very attractive option for those wishing to overcome the poverty line.
For more information:
BAIF DEVELOPMENT RESEARCH FOUNDATION
Dr. Manibhai Desai Nagar, Warje, Pune 411 058, India
Tel.: +91 20 25231661 Fax: +91 20 25231662